Ahh, Turbine. Update 2 has been a blessing and a curse for my f2p self.
- I love playing the new content on my other account and am looking forward to it on Vonrandir since I got the Enedwaith quest pack when it was on sale the other month.
- I love that volume 2 is now soloable. It will make it much easier for me to level through Moria being able to do so solo.
- I personally like the new LI changes, minus losing the relics. Still kind of annoying. Now I hesitate to put good relics on my items until I get the one I want. Which hurts my character’s stats immensely. But overall, I like the change.
- I love the new content, so any frustration I have with leveling my f2p character, I just log and play my regular account. That makes things slow and I’m so unmotivated to play my f2p account, it’s moving slowly.
- While I love volume 2 being soloable, the level requirements being pushed up has been annoying. I just finished “We Cannot Get Out” and now I’m stuck until the next level. I’m really out of content. I’m also up to the last chapter of Volume 1.
As for my normal leveling activities outside of Update 2 stuff, volume 1 has been a pain. Any player on level that has inductions is really in trouble. I’ve had to get high level help to complete most of the high level instances after 1.12.3. Grinding skirmishes and mobs for XP is a pain. Also, I’m almost to the point where there’s no more tasks for me to turn in, which annoys me as well. I did buy another skirmish to help with more xp, but that only helps so much. For any F2P player out there… BUY MORIA. If you’re only going to pay money for one thing, have that be it. You can do alright to the early 50’s, then Moria will help you level 50 to 60. That should be enough. And save your points for Enedwaith or Mirkwood for end-game fun.
At this point, my motivation is fading. I really want to get to 65, but at this point it’ll be a slow go. Good luck to everybody out there!